Preempt Unveils Free Self-Service Active Directory Analytics Solution, Available on AWS Marketplace
Aug 01, 2019
Preempt Lite Instantly Delivers Valuable and Actionable Insights, Providing Security Teams with Visibility and Control Over Today’s Threats
SAN FRANCISCO – August 1, 2019 – Preempt, the leading provider of conditional access for real-time threat prevention, today announced Preempt Lite: the company’s free self-service solution that detects threats in Active Directory (AD).
Available immediately on both the Preempt website as well as AWS Marketplace, Preempt Lite provides an continuous insight into an enterprises’ AD hygiene to reduce risk and quickly take steps to protect against attackers. With Preempt Lite, organizations can take action against threats in the matter of minutes. Preempt Lite has already been deployed by more than 100 enterprises spanning multiple verticals globally.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, a full-service law firm with offices in Pennsylvania, New York, California, Washington, D.C. and New Jersey, selected Preempt Lite to improve the firm’s Active Directory security. “We have seen a lot of value from Preempt Lite in identifying areas where we can improve Active Directory security,” said Brian Clarke, Director of Information Services. “We were able to reduce privileged and dormant accounts and now have much better visibility into our user account structure.”
Attackers rely heavily on compromising user credentials and network weaknesses to breach organizations. Weaknesses like shadow administrators, hidden or inactive accounts, AD misconfigurations and other risk factors make it easy for intruders to establish persistence and move throughout a network.
In addition, employees often use weak or compromised passwords, furthering the problem. Preempt Lite’s continuous analytics help enhance security posture by reducing the attack surface and empowering organizations to quickly remediate with methods such as multi-factor authentication.
“We have been pleasantly surprised by the interest in Preempt Lite,” said Preempt CEO Ajit Sancheti. “Providing something that is of such value at no cost is not easy, but we feel that this is the right thing to do protect enterprises from privileged account abuse and other internal security threats. For those customers looking to leverage the ability of behavioral analytics, threat-aware conditional access, and real-time enforcement, the upgrade to the full Preempt Platform is straightforward.”
Preempt Lite provides organizations with the following benefits:
- Discover All Accounts, Including Shadow Administrators – Discover all users in the network (business, privileged, service, etc.) to determine which accounts are human vs. machine, stale, hidden, active or inactive. In addition, automatically discover stealthy (or shadow) administrators to quickly mitigate risk.
- Uncover Network Weaknesses – Misconfigurations, weak AD controls, unknown workstations, potential malware, out-of-date OS, and other risk factors are now visible to enterprises, giving them the ability to take action against and protect from a potential breach.
- Detect Weak and Exposed Credentials and Accounts – Preempt’s deep contextual intelligence and library of hashes is combined with password dictionaries to reveal already compromised passwords. In addition, continuous monitoring allows for the exposure of users with weak, stale, or exposed credentials that are easily leveraged by attackers.
- Expose Potential Risk Factors – Risk factors such as suspicious SID (security identifier) history, workstations that do not require SMB signing, accounts with delegation privileges, and inappropriately configured controls are instantly detected with Preempt Lite.
- Improve Group Polity Object (GPO) Configurations – GPO can be difficult to manage and often creates confusion when analyzing configurations. Preempt Lite provides a unique parsing engine which analyzes settings and provides insights such as calculations of password policy, analysis of domain security settings, and more.
To get a free download, please visit https://www.preempt.com/request-preempt-lite-download/or visit the AWS Marketplace: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B07TKY37VC
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preempt delivers a modern approach to authentication and securing identity in the enterprise. Using patented technology for Conditional Access, Preempt helps enterprises optimize identity hygiene and stop attacks in real-time before they impact business. Preempt continuously detects and preempts threats based on identity, behavior, and risk across all cloud and on-premises authentication & access platforms. This low friction approach empowers security teams more visibility & control over accounts and privileged access, while achieving compliance and auto-resolving incidents. Learn more: www.preempt.com.
For More Info:
Lynn Christiansen Esquer