Preempt Announces Record Results in 2018 Fiscal Year With 300 Percent Growth in Annual Recurring Revenue
Company milestones include $17.5 million in Series B funding and opening of new San Francisco headquarters
SAN FRANCISCO and RAMAT GAN, Israel – September 18, 2018 – Preempt, the innovator of the industry’s first Identity and Access Threat Prevention solution that stops cyber attacks and internal threats, today announced record results for the 2018 Fiscal Year, including a more than 300 percent increase in Annual Recurring Revenue. Preempt also expanded its product offering with the introduction of the Preempt Platform, which empowers companies to continuously preempt security threats, unify visibility across all platforms and increase the efficiency of their security operations. Company milestones also included $17.5 million in a Series B funding round led by ClearSky Ventures and supported by Blackstone, Intel Capital and General Catalyst.
“With an increasingly complex threat landscape, companies are responding to cybersecurity challenges with initiatives like Zero Trust, CARTA and Privileged Access Management in order to prevent breaches,” said Preempt CEO and co-founder Ajit Sancheti. “Preempt’s Identity and Access Threat Prevention approach is meeting the demand and supporting all of these initiatives with a solution that delivers a unified view of all user activity, combined with flexible and policy-based enforcement options. This approach allows enterprises to achieve the ambitious goals of these initiatives without significant changes to their infrastructure.”
“At Preempt, we’re proud of our industry-leading research that keeps us ahead of the most critical cybersecurity challenges organizations face, and we use those research insights to further develop our product roadmap and architecture,” said Roman Blachman, Preempt CTO, co-founder and head of Israeli Operations. “We’re solving critical security problems and redefining how enterprises address threat prevention.”
The Preempt Platform uses identity, behavior and risk to continuously and situationally adapt to ensure the right level of security at the right time across all resources – on premise, cloud or hybrid. Preempt’s adaptive approach helps enterprises stop threats before they impact the organization and ensures all transactions are verified, in order to minimize business disruptions. Preempt has scaled to support some of the largest and most complex organizations globally and is now deployed in major Fortune 1000 enterprise organizations, including leading companies in the finance, retail, healthcare and legal industries.
Highlights from Preempt’s Fiscal Year include:
- More than 300 percent increase in Annual Recurring Revenue
- Close to doubling of headcount
- Opening of new San Francisco headquarters following rapid expansion of Preempt’s team, as well as new office in Ramat Gan, Israel
- Raised $17.5M in Series B funding, led by ClearSky Ventures, and included Blackstone, Intel Capital and General Catalyst
- Patricia Hatter, former CIO and GM of McAfee & Intel Security, joined the Preempt Advisory Board
- Jim Brzezinski joined Preempt as Vice President of Sales
Product Innovation Announcements
- Launched the Preempt Platform, a comprehensive Identity and Access Threat Prevention platform that continuously preempts threats based on identity, behavior and risk and provides a holistic view of all accounts.
- Released industry-first functionality for organizations to detect, isolate, control and contain reconnaissance and attack tools (Mimikatz, PowerShell, PsExec, Bloodhound) as well as the ability to deeply inspect authentication protocol usage (NTLM, DCE/RPC, Kerberos, LDAP) in real-time. These capabilities reduce the risk of improper tool use, credential forwarding, password cracking and other credential-based attacks such as Pass-the-Hash and Golden Ticket.
- Announced broader cloud initiative that delivers delivers the most consistent and comprehensive real-time threat prevention across cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments. Further, it extends visibility and access control to federated cloud applications, including Office 365, Salesforce, Workday, and others.
Partnerships and Integrations
- More than doubled the Global Reseller Program to 30 resellers and distributors
- Expanded portfolio of technology integrations for cloud support (AWS Azure VPC, Microsoft ADFS, and Cloud SSO such as Okta, Ping Identity and Azure SSO), Incident response (Demisto), and Authentication (Centrify, Symantec VIP, RSA SecurID) and others.
Industry Research and Recognition
- Preempt researchers discovered a vulnerability with Microsoft Office 365. When Office 365 was integrated with an on-premises Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) using Azure AD Connect software, it unnecessarily gave users elevated administrator privileges.
- The research team also found a critical Microsoft vulnerability that consisted of a logical flaw in Credential Security Support Provider protocol (CredSSP), which is used by Remote Desktop and WinRM in the authentication process.
Preempt protects organizations by eliminating internal threats and security breaches. Threats are not black or white, and the Preempt Platform is the only solution that delivers identity and access threat prevention that continuously preempts threats based on identity, behavior and risk. This ensures that security threats and risky employee activities are responded to with the right level of security at the right time. The platform easily scales to provide comprehensive identity based protection across organizations of any size. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with research and development located in Ramat Gan, Israel. Learn more about us at www.preempt.com.